Photo

Which of these 7 ACC Medical Assesors are honest?

medical assessors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Poppy

Poppy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • RegionCanterbury

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

Hi. I've been given this list of men to choose from for a medical assessment. This was sparked the second I mentioned the word "weekly work entitlements". When I google the men below, every single one of them appears on the ACC Forum or in the Media as fraudulent ‘hit-men’ who lie in order to keep ACC’s KPI’s on target by creating reports that are slanted in their preferred direction (i.e claimant’s injury is spent/off the books) - and to keep their over-priced contracts with ACC. So I'm really conflicted as to who to choose?!

Dr Mike England

Dr Wilfred Turner                                                            

Dr Gerard Walker                                                           

Dr Michael Antoniadis                                                    

Dr David Hartshorn                                                        

Dr Nick Yarnall                                                               

Dr Andrew Hilliard                                                            

I have a back-story re Dr Turner that I'd like to share from 2010 and I cannot believe that he has been offered to me again in 2018: He gave a medical assessment report on me saying that “I have little doubt cover continues to apply. Clearly she suffered a significant injury back on 14/12/03 and I have little doubt that she has ongoing pain in her lower thoracic spine…” and then when ACC decided the cost of my surgery was too high (“...surgery is now planned. In the face of the extensive ACC funded input on this claim for the lumbar disc spondlyosis I consider it timely to reconsider the cover issue”), i.e.they asked him to change his opinion (in order to revoke my cover), and he did! However - after I challenged this new opinion by asking other professional surgeons and an MP to argue on my behalf, this abhorred man’s ‘changed opinion’ was deemed wrong and my cover once again continued to apply!

My frustration is: What were the ramifications for Dr Turner being completely wrong (and clearly changing his opinion only to appease ACC’s KPI’s)? I don’t understand how this can lawfully continue to happen?