No replies to this topic

#1 williethunder

williethunder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • RegionOtatara Southland New Zealand

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

After years of being ACC putting me through the hoops trying to find any thing to prove that I am work ready...I had a final assessment that told them otherwise and they have deemed all aspects of rehabilitation has been exhausted...I could have told them that years ago..so trawling through Google I find that ACC has FBSS as a known Medical condition!! and that it's not common but accepted as a condition that ACC knows about..I had 6 back surgeries and they've all gone bad...I have to apparently have another fusion but won't because I'm so scared of being made worse now, so I'll just try and put up with what I've got with heavy meds...FBSS is "Failed Back Surgery Syndrome"..so after all these years of ACC treating me like a lier they've known all a long that it's a valid claim..my case manager who's now left ACC told me that I could go on longer term Medical certificates from 3 months to 12? Is this the case?...and should I claim lump sum?..any suggestions of a advocate or lawyer that could help me clean all of this up that's in Southland?I have had a shoulder injury from 1990 that resulted in 2 surgeries (the first one failed) but I never claimed for an independent allowance for it I didn't know you could at the time.

Any help would be appreciated..I just want to tidy up all the loose ends with my cases and try and move on with my life