*Creating tension, anxiety and sleeplessness
*Messing with your target's car, telephone and mail
*Gaslighting at your target's workplace and home
*Turning neighbors and co-workers against the target
*Covering your tracks *And much more.
Gaslighting will show you how to cause disorientation, get your
target off balance, and build up his paranoia. Finally, you
completely annihilate his reputation, leading to personal disasters
such as job loss, divorce, financial devastation &shyp; even jail.

Also gaslighting
A common form of brainwashing in which an abuser tries to falsely
convince the victim that the victim is defective, for any purpose
whatsoever, such as making the victim more pliable and easily
controlled, or making the victim more emotional and therefore more
needy and dependent.

Often done by friends and family members, who claim (and may even
believe) that they are trying to be helpful. The gaslighting abuser
sees himself or herself as a nurturing parental figure in relation to
the victim, and uses gaslighting as a means for keeping the victim in
that relationship, perhaps as punishment for the victim's attempt to
break out of the dependent role.

Example: If an abusive person says hurtful things and makes you cry,
and then, instead of apologizing and taking responsibility, starts
recommending treatments for what he or she calls "your depression"
or "your mood swings," you are in the presence of a gaslighter.

Etymology: Term is named after the film Gaslight (1944), in which the
villain used the technique.

Related: Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy (MSBP).

Synonyms, nonstandard: gaslight syndrome; gaslighting syndrome.

Below is what I have experienced

Ms MacDonnell

Re your letter dated 20 September 2001

Assessment: I contacted you shortly after I returned home from the appointment with Walls, making my concerns of the way the assessment was conducted known to you.
You replied by stating we should wait until we received his report.
This I did. When I received the report, I once again made my concerns known to you!
The man was late. The man very quickly glanced over some paperwork, which I presume was documents that you had forwarded to him.
In short, in comparison to other assessments that have been done on my condition, from start to finish his examination was by far the quickest!
Then, I guess to cover his arse for this, and for the quick thrill he may have got from "brushing against my penis", he creates a smoke screen by commenting on my dress standard! Ah yes, no-one will believe a complaint by a disgruntled ACC client because its seen as being "Dissatisfied with the bum report"!

I want an assessment done which is both true and honest.

Regarding my last cert. I faxed you one on the Monday, then again at your request on the Wednesday morning. After I sent that, I tried to contact you to see if you had received it. But you had already left your office.
On the Thursday, Heather contacted me in regards to your request for her to send yet another copy! When I spoke to you about that, you mentioned that the one I faxed on the Wednesday did in fact arrive!

Stop fluffing me around Ms MacDonnell. You have done nothing but create obstructions for me ever since you started on the job.

As for my obligations to ACC. I have a stack of letters here from companies, which I have contacted, making enquiries about possible employment for myself! I don�t sit on my butt doing nothing all day like some other claimants do Ms MacDonnell! During this time, I have also invested a dam lot of money into my web project. My previous case managers have all be fully supportive of my project. Money that could have been used to get my teeth fixed, money that could have paid all my debts with Baycorp stemming from my last gallant attempt to get into work! Money that should have gone towards descent food!
But no, my ambition is to get this website up and running so I don�t have to depend on ACC for the rest of my life!

Weekly Compensation: Earlier this year, about the time you started with Aon, it appears my entitlements were not banked for quite some time regardless of the fact my cert was submitted only one day late!
Please be aware that I find it difficult to walk down to see my doctor if I�m in pain. Like now Ms MacDonnell, it is very humid outside, this causes sharp stabbing like pain in my knees, hip and ankle joints. On top of that, my lower back is as tight as a �!
I don�t think pain management has any control over the weather, or do they?
I also have a lot of problems with my left hand.

Communication: Yes Ms MacDonnell, I have expressed a lot of fustraction and anger concerning a few issues! The main one being you Ms MacDonnell!
You have done nothing other than to obstruct me ever since I informed you of my problems with my tenancy.
Had the Tenancy Tribunal Act allowed me legal representation at the onset of the first hearing, then the pressure would have been off me so I could have kept the appointments. I explained to each and every person who you asked to phone me about a time and date for an appointment that I would most likely not be able to keep the appointment due to me having to prepare my defence.
From day one Ms MacDonnell, I walked into the city, went to the court house, and sometimes waited there for several hours each and every day until they gave me the right documents! My solicitor is now preparing a damages claim against the Tenancy Tribunal.
I have also instructed my solicitor to look into possible legal action against you and your employer, Aon, for breaching my privacy by releasing income details without requesting my permission.

As of today, Sunday 30th September 2001, I withdraw my permission that permitted you to forward details to others about me. Anthing that I have signed is now void.

I will sign a new document once we set down the rules Ms MacDonnell.

I request that Aon forward my case file back to ACC where I feel the case managers are more helpful to their clients, NOT a hindrance to them!

Has Dr Walls got an interest in the company that sells you the BackFriends?
The lady informed me that Walls refers a lot of Aons clients to them!
Is this correct?

Under the privacy act, I request details on how many of Aons ACC clients are refered to Walls surgery for assessments, and how much does each one cost the ACC levy payer, and how many have complained about not getting a fair and honest assessment done by them?

If you don�t give me that info, then I guess the NZ Herald will request it themselves! They seem to get action once things are printed. Don�t think Walls would be too happy about the Herald knowing he tends to examine parts of the body that he has no right to be near!
The man was lucky that my eyes were closed at the time. If his eyes were in the wrong place when that happened, I would most likely have kicked the pervert in the balls Ms MacDonnell. And you still think I�m making it up!
Think again Ms MacDonnell. I don�t bullshit my way in life like you and walls appear to be doing!

Mt Eden Auckland.

I have many issues with the way AON, Catalyst and ACC managed my 1992 lower back injury claim between 2000 and 2002.

Not only did Leanne MacDonnell & Dr Robert Percival interfere with the assessment process, they wrote lies about me in my files.

#2 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:40 AM

----- Original Message -----
To: <Leanne.MacDonnell@aon.co.nz>
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2002 4:24 AM
Subject: Re: Rehabilitation

> Dear Leanne
>
> My only contact number at present is 021 xxxxxxx until I can afford to get
> a
> landline connected at my new address.
>
> Re: I will appreciate it if you could contact me regarding a suitable
> appointment. As previously mentioned, I need to discuss/update your
> Individual Rehabilitation Plan with the interventions recommended by Dr
> Tony Chew.
>
> = To the best of my knowledge, the medical assessment which I received
> from
> Dr Tony Chew made no mention of any intervention recommendations.
> The report is still packed away in a box which I have yet to unpack. I
> shall
> endeavour to locate this report so I have it available to refer to when
> you
> contact me sometime on Monday.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, I believe that the "intervention
> recommendations" may have been / were made by Dr Tony Chew after Aon's
> Medical reviewer contacted Dr Chew in regards to the contents of the
> report.
>
> Further more, I believe that the report I received from Dr Tony Chew
> stated
> that I was not capable of working 30 hours or more per week because of my
> lower back injury. I would have thought no more than 10 (maybe15 at a
> struggle) hours may have been a more realistic figure considering the
> level
> of pain etc which I suffer.
> I am visiting my GP during the week (if my car is mobile by then) so will
> discuss the contents of Dr Chew's report with him. I will then have a
> better
> idea of what to discuss with you in relation to the "updating" of my rehab
> plan if or when that takes place with Aon or ACC.
>
> I have also been advised to once again request that my file be transferred
> back to ACC. Now that the "original" rehab plan has been completed, there
> should be no problems in transferring my file to ACC in Papakura, is
> there?
>
> If this request is once again denied, I will lodge an appeal/review to
> that
> discission thought the appropriate process.
>
> Finally, please advise me on what my entitlements are under the act. I
> have
> been told that I should be receiving some sort of weekly allowance in
> regards to my right knee, and possibly also for my lower back injury over
> and above my present entitlements. Is this correct or have I been misled
> by
> the person who told me of this?
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Fran Van Helmond

Chews first report was dated 2 april 2002 and his admended one dated 22 april 2002 - the email above was - Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2002 4:24 AM

Chews admended report was couriered to me late on 22 april 2002 i think - will check date recieved.
-----------

----- Original Message -----
To: Leanne.MacDonnell@aon.co.nz
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 2:10 PM
Subject: Your phone call

Dear Leanne

Re: I will appreciate it if you could contact me regarding a suitable appointment. As previously mentioned, I need to discuss/update your Individual Rehabilitation Plan with the interventions recommended by Dr Tony Chew.

Thank you for your phone call.

To the best of my knowledge, the medical assessment which I received from Dr Tony Chew made no mention of any intervention recommendations, one being referred to a "Psychiatrist"!

It is all very well that Aon's medical reviewer contacted Dr Chew concerning the report and obtaining the recommended interventions, but in all fairness, these possible interventions should have been discussed between myself and Dr Chew and noted in the written report before being acted on by Aon!

Please confirm by return e-mail the exact "Interventions recommended" by Dr Chew to your medical reviewer and why they were not noted in the report.

The appointment with you at ACC offices in Papakura for next Tuesday at 2pm in noted.

Please explain, by return e-mail, why you could not have travelled to Papakura earlier this year to discuss my rehab plan instead of forcing me to endure pain and stress by driving into the city to Aon's offices?

Leanne, please be advised that if your (and Aon's) harassment continues, namely being the total disregard to the effects that sitting, standing and walking etc for periods of approximate 15 to 30 minutes at a time has on both my injures, the first being my right knee, the second my lower back and associated side effects to the rest of my body, then I shall not hesitate to take legal advise with a view of suing Aon for substantial damages.

I value the limited capabilities/movement I have left with my body, don't make me waste them on your "do as you're told or else" attitude Leanne!

-----------

Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 11:00 PM
Subject: ACC

To whom it may concern

Linda Watling at Catalyst, I am still waiting on your apology for ceasing my compensation two weeks before your letter ( dated12 July 2002) stated that it was going to stop!

I am also still waiting on a copy of the letter you recieved from my GP, the one you said the GP requested that you not reveal the contents of Ms Watling! You recieved my written request for this 7 days ago!

Whats the hold up?

As for the so called alleged abuse Ms Watling, if your wages were not paid on time and you had bills to pay, what would you do?

I was first told that it would be in my account the following wednesday!
Then I was offered a cheque but had to pick it up at ACC in Papakura!
Would Catalyst have paid me 27 cents a kilometre to pick it up?
Then, it was deposited into my account a day before my regular pay day, that being Wednesday! Why could it not have been deposited in the first place?

I now have more question which need addressing, along with the questions below which still remain unanswered.

1: Is it normal practice for case managers to suggest bankrupcty to clients when the three month notice letter is given to the claimant?

... And then when asked to put that in writing, say ... "I'll deny that I've ever said that!"

I have many issues with the way AON, Catalyst and ACC managed my 1992 lower back injury claim between 2000 and 2002.

Not only did Leanne MacDonnell & Dr Robert Percival interfere with the assessment process, they wrote lies about me in my files.

#3 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:43 AM

Wednesday 01 March 2006

Ms Sandra Mechen
ACC Case Manager / ACC Legal Advisor
PO Box 5343
Wellesley Street
Auckland

Dear Ms Mechen

You are well aware that had Leanne MacDonnell and Dr Robert Percival been removed from having further involvement in the management of my ACC Injury Case File, then the Capacity to Work 30 or 35 hours decision made by the ACC on 12 July 2002 would not have been substantiated and my Rehabilitation continued until such time further ongoing assessments from time to time may identify my real, not perceived, Capacity to Work.

1. Fact is that: Dr Robert Percival and Leanne MacDonnell both interfered with Dr Tony Chews 1st report and subsequent amended report.
2. Alleged is that: Dr Tim Sprott had already been contacted �for/with advise� when the original referral was made and Leanne MacDonnell did in fact contact Dr Tim Sprott again just before I arrived at enviromedix on the morning of that particular assessment.
3. Fact is that: Dr Robert Percival co-signed the WRAP Team sign-off form.
4. Fact is that my Advocate and myself did not get a copy of the ACC�s �Bundle of File Documents� until just prior to the last Appeal Hearing.
5. Fact is that we should have been forwarded a copy of that Bundle before the Hearing date.
6. Fact is that the Bundle of File Documents given to us in the Court Room, and a copy Submitted to Judge Cadenhead at the commencement of that Appeal Hearing moments later by Sandra Mechen, failed to contain the �WRAP Team Sign-Off� form that Dr Robert Percival had apparently signed.
7. Fact is that staff at Catalyst (now LTCU), including Leanne MacDonnell (formally with AON, then Catalyst, currently LTCU), continued to inappropriately contact those professional Medical Providers who I consulted with and trusted, to ensure I did not gather any Medical opinion that would add weight to my argument contradicting the ACC�s 12 July Decision.

I am sure that my persistence on the above issues is becoming extremely frustrating for you and all others concerned. Not even all the false allegations of abusive phone calls etc made against me by Aon and ACC staff will deviate me from my objective, and that is to get both fair Justice and compensation for what I have had to endure from you and your employers, the ACC!

Yours sincerely

Fran Van Helmond
RD 4
Waiuku 1852

================

What part of our above argument centered around was the fact Dr Robert Pervival (ACC-AON-CATALYST-LTCU BMA) was involved in the whole process, and as he had been caught out interfering with one assessment, who was to say that he wasn't interfering with the others - Dr Walls and Dr Sprotts assessments to name but two

We believe that was the reason ACC Legal Representitive, SANDRA MECHEN, intentionally failed to provide the "WRAP Team Sign-Off" document within the Bundle of File Documents

Sandra Mechen - ACC Auckland Legal advisor

Another point also

Dr Robert Percival was the Branch Medical Adviser at AON and Catalyst during that time.

He should not have been involved with the WRAP Team Sign-off

A conflict of interest?

Thats like being an ACC case manager, complaints investigator, reviewer and appeal Judge all rolled into one person

The DRSL Reviewer, MJ Dunn, wrote:

� �THE PRIMARY OBJECTION RELATES TO THE UNINATERAL CONTACT FROM DR PERCIVAL WITH DR CHEW WHO SUBSEQUENTLY AMENDED HIS REPORT�.

The DRSL Reviewer, MJ Dunn, went on and also wrote:

�THAT IS AN INAPPROPIATE ACTION AND AGAINST THE PRINCIPLES OF NATURAL JUSTICE�.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aon