Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:39 PM

Originally posted elsewhere on 27 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

Briefly a bit of history

April 30th = While getting out of the excavator, my left hand let go the handrail on the side of the cab and I fell to the ground

On the 6th May was totally unable to continue, I consulted a GP at a Medical Centre who got x-rays taken and then issued an ACC Injury Claim Form

Unfit for 6 days From 06 May
Return to work on 12 May

Still totally unfit, I consulted with my regular GP who fully agreed without any doubt that I couldn't return to work so, accordingly, issued an ACC 18 Medical Cert = unable to resume any duties at work for 30 days from 12 / 5 / 8

On the 20 May took that form to ACC Papakura. Got it stamped as being received and got a photocopy.

The receptionist entered the new claim number into the system and apparently nothing came up. She said sometimes the providers forget or are busy .....

So I said I had my copy with me and suggested she photocopied it so as to get the process started, and that she did.

It is now 27th May = On the 20th May, the ACC receptionist said that someone would contact me by phone in the next few days. Still waiting for ACC to contact me

Injuries noted are the following: Cervical, Thoracic & Lumber Spine

I am wondering (as far as my long standing Injury issues are concerned and the way ACC/AON exited me onto a WINZ S/B in 2002) if the shit has finally hit the fan at ACC?

Because I'm again a client of ACC, I am in a position to comment on their service so far

Its UTTER CRAP!

I have many issues with the way AON, Catalyst and ACC managed my 1992 lower back injury claim between 2000 and 2002.

Not only did Leanne MacDonnell & Dr Robert Percival interfere with the assessment process, they wrote lies about me in my files.

#2 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:42 PM

Posted elsewhere by "Flowers" in response to the above post on 27 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

Has it ever been any different?
post-176-1211865571.jpg

I have many issues with the way AON, Catalyst and ACC managed my 1992 lower back injury claim between 2000 and 2002.

Not only did Leanne MacDonnell & Dr Robert Percival interfere with the assessment process, they wrote lies about me in my files.

#3 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:45 PM

Continued from post #1 - Originally posted 29 May 2008 - 07:27 PM

Sandy from ACC Hamilton made contact with me at approx 4.30pm this afternoon.

She want ird and bank account etc including details of how I injured myself blah blah.

Asked for copy of what she was writing down .... she accused me of trying to intimidate her

I wasn't that happy to be answering her questions over the phone but if that is the quickest way to get things underway so be it.

An email to Maryan Street and the Media may have helped last night.

Pity I'm still made to wait for some help, you'd think they could make an advance as far as the weekly loss of earning go to help relieve the pressure. More so because I haven't earned since end of last month

How would ACC staff like to go without wages for 4 weeks?

She wanted my bank account number, I said they already had that on file, she said she wanted it because she didn't have access to my previous files ...... strange that

She also wanted my IRD number, I said they had already that on file as well .... not good enough, same answer as above

#4 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:48 PM

Posted elsewhere by "Flowers" in regards to this topic on 29 May 2008 - 08:12 PM

Same bullshit they been doing for years..........
The bigger the confusion of exterania paperfoggery the better............
Now they just automated to HEL and the irish.........shadez of 2001 begad!

post-176-1212045109.gif

#5 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:51 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:06 PM

Yes, both my IRD and Bank Account number are in my previous injury file.

This is why I suggested she refer to that/those files for the information she required.

For the ACC, It'll be like opening a can of worms so can understand her/their reluctance to go down that path

But it'll happen

#6 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:14 PM

Received in the rural mail this morning, a letter from ACC Claimant Support dated 23 May 2008

Dear Mr Van Helmond

You're covered by ACC

=============

Either this letter wasn't posted until yesterday (or the day before) and back dated or it actually took 8 days to get to me!

I would safely say they didn't send it until yesterday or the day before!

New Case Managers name = Sandy Parangi (ACC Hamilton)

#7 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

Originally posted elsewhere in response to the above 31 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

Hey Blurb

So Sandy is a real ACC person??

Well she needs to get an education, re: asking people for personal details over the phone.

A complaint to start off the career won't go astray!!!

Shocking service.

Cheers
Mini

#8 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:00 PM

Originally posted by "Madmac" in response to the above on 31 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

:wub: Hi everyone ...

Hey Blurb ...

Interesting recieving letter from ACC Claimant Support ... Your Covered.

:P Specifically Covered for what , where , when , how , who ...

Or

:lol: Covered in Crap !

keep smiling mate ...

-----------

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:37 AM

As I say madmac, she needs an education!!!

No wonder we complain about the service. they are just so thick.

I am readying my IA file for review and my goodness you should see the errors. Only a braindead halfwit could make them. They certainly don't seem to have any check system in place.

Confusion rules because of the stuff ups.

Never mind it will be completed on time and ready to gooooooooooooo!!!

Cheers
Mini

#9 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:02 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:04 AM

Tuesday 10 June 2008

I haven't heard, or received any correspondence from Sandy Parangi (ACC Hamilton) since 29 May 2008 .... apart from the Congratulations, com'on down old man, "You're covered by ACC" letter on 30 May 2008.

If the media turned up at my door right now, I would show them the empty cupboards, empty fridge, absolutely nothing left bar maybe enough coffee for another 5 cups

I would have at least expected some forms re declare my earnings for the last few months whilst I was working but no, not even that!

I'm not the type of person who can do nothing ... have to keep busy as best as I can and within my limitations ... I did the best I could for as long as I could as the last thing I wanted was to endure more of the crap from them at ACC, but as it turns out, I am unfit to return to work due to injury

ACC will just have to accept that as being a fact of life and should do the right thing and thats follow the correct process in a timely manner, not dork me around for weeks (maybe months) because of my prior history with the ACC

This is not a plea for help from forum members. You lot have done more to help me than what ACC have ever done over the time I was with them before.

As far as I'm concerned, they should be in regular contact with me regarding the procedure | process so as to keep me, the ACC client, fully informed, not me running after them trying to get information

With all the ACC propaganda about "how we can help you" etc and educating the general public that ACC can help with this and that, they seem to let themselves down as far as practicing what they preach goes!

I live in hope .... maybe later today something will happen ... maybe then I'll be a little less depressed and a little less stressed out and finally sleep ... something that my body needs heaps of pretty badly.

Cheers all

#10 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:53 AM

Wrote an email to WINZ early this morning and have a reply.

Supervisor is going to get Waiuku WINZ to give me a ring to sort out an emergency food grant to tie me over until ACC starts paying me.

Knowing they (the ACC) may be some time in working out the millions theyre going to pay me, it would have been good customer service to keep in touch with the client, and if he or she was starting to feel the pinch, they (the ACC Case Manager) could have arranged assistance from WINZ

Sometimes its pretty hard for some-one living on their own, with an injury, and in pain, to be able to keep a clear head to sort all that out

cheers

#11 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:08 PM

Originally posted elsewhere by "Mini" on 10 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

Have you taken the initive and got hold of Sandy and asked what you need to do and please send the necessary paperwork.

It has been said a million times on this site Blurb. You have to ask for everything and anything to get the ball rolling then you have to very vigilant to keep a watch on them they not shafting you of something on the way.

Send e-mail so it all in writing . If you cant do that then write a we letter. Dont forget to keep a copy of everything.

If you believe you should have your Weekly compo back then get the form and ask for it in writing. You have cover so get the entitlement into gear.

Good Luck
Mini

#12 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:10 PM

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

Just a quick update: Have just arrived home from appointment with WINZ

Was given the normal $100 food voucher

I'm grateful that winz is there for times like this ... what did the winz cm call it, ah yes, the transition period

Mini, I totally agree 100% on what you wrote = re "It has been said a million times on this site Blurb. You have to ask for everything and anything to get the ball rolling then you have to very vigilant to keep a watch on them they not shafting you of something on the way.

#13 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:12 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

The bullshit starts again

Last week Sandy said she likes to keep clients informed etc

LOL so far she's failed to do that

I spoke to her this morning and she said that I was a casual worker and they would not pay me
Fancy telling me that 7 weeks and one winz food voucher later

I explained to Sandy that I was self employed. The princible contractors whom I worked for paid me once a week and deducted 20% as per agreement with them and I would give them an invoice.

Some weeks I would only be working 2 days, maybe 3 .... some weeks I was able to manage 5 - 6 days then I would take a few off.

How can that be casual employment? I had a number of clients. I didn't go running to winz for help each time I had a few days off .... give me a break ACC arseholes

And another thing, NO-ONE would employ me as an employee (on the books) because of my ACC work injury history!

Get a life Sandy Parangi, ACC Case Manager @ ACC Hamilton ( sandy.parangi@acc.co.nz )

FFS

#14 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:15 PM

Originally posted by "Not Waddie" on 17 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

self-employed get screwed time and again. I don't know why ACC even bother pretending to cover this group of earners.

Chances are you fall into this fairly large group and better of under WINZ

A couple of hurdles are:

1. id you have earnings immediately before incapacity to be eligible for weekly comp?

2. Did you have earnings in the relevant year (the previous tax year to incapacity ie incapacity in May 2008 then relevant year is 1.4.07 to 31.3.07) to calculate level of entitlement?

#15 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:56 AM

1. id you have earnings immediately before incapacity to be eligible for weekly comp?

A = I started working (and ceased receiving winz) in January 2008, injury date 30 April 2008

2. Did you have earnings in the relevant year (the previous tax year to incapacity ie incapacity in May 2008 then relevant year is 1.4.07 to 31.3.07) to calculate level of entitlement?

A = I was receiving winz s/b before that .... for my previous (1992) lumbar siatica work injury

#16 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:19 PM

Originally posted by "Not Waddie" on 17 June 2008 - 12:25 PM

IMHO - you're screwed, again.

Have you tried going for a reassessment of vocational independence because your capacity to work under the 1992 injury may have deteriorated? (new injury could in fact represent an exacerbation of old injury)

#17 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

re = "Oh Blurb, you poor thing !!! It's so unfair when you were trying your hardest !"

Yes, I want to work, I love to work, I need to keep busy. Unlike some claimants who have no intention of ever giving it (work) a go to see how it goes for them but would rather be supported by ACC for the rest of their lives!

In my case, my injuries were NEVER addressed as in Rehabilitation etc but instead, my assesments were predetermined by AON (Dr Percival and cm Leanne MacDonnell) and I was exited onto a winz s/b!

Waddie = "Have you tried going for a reassessment of vocational independence because your capacity to work under the 1992 injury may have deteriorated? (new injury could in fact represent an exacerbation of old injury) "

I would have if this Sandy had done what she said she would do, and that is = Keep in touch with her clients ..... keep them informed .... joke!

The ACC form the medical centre gave me listed a neck injury, thoractic injury and a Lumbar injury.

I think this is why the alarm bells started ringing in SANDRA MECHENS office as soon as she saw those previous injuries listed

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTION OF GOING BACK ON WINZ FOR WHAT IS CLEARLY INJURIES INFLICTED WHILE AT WORK! THAT IS ACC's DEPARTMENT!

Casual employment .... as far as I know, subcontrators go from one job to another, much like a casual worker ... so what they're saying here is that all Self Employed people are merely casual workers ..... thats not right

blurb

#18 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:24 PM

Originally posted in response by "Warren Forster" on 17 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

Re-Assessment

We went down this road, the problem here is that ACC said that they had no original assessment to compare him too.

Res judicata

When Blurb was put through the original WCAP, he reviewed and Appealed unsucessfully.

This means that ACC can hide behind the fact that he was WCAP and he no longer entitled to weekly compensation, as upheld at review and Appeal (this went through Review in 2002 and the Court decision in 2004).

As part of the 2006 case, we asked for a recall of judgment and rehearing. His Honour, Judge Beattie stated that the only way forward was Judical Review on the basis that information was withheld from the Court in 2004 (ACC Destroyed files relevant to the case between the review and the Appeal).

Further injuries, not considered as part of the WCAP process in 2001.

The other way is to look at injuries which were not properly diagnosed and treated prior to being WCAP'ed. These do exist.

Conclusion
In my view, the two ways forward are Judical Review of ACC's actions in the Review and Appeal process from 2002-2004, or to force ACC to over Blurb for additional injuries, which are longstanding. Once we can force ACC to accept this, and that these injuries were present prior to the WCAP, and were not taken into account at the WCAP, then we can ask ACC to do a reassessment based on the fresh medical evidence.

As unfair as thing are, it seems that these are the only ways forward.

Warren

- http://accforum.nz/t...warren-forster/

#19 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:29 PM

To be continued