• Administrators
  • 562 posts
  • RegionNelson

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

Number of fraud cases drops
10:10 AM Tuesday Sep 29, 2015
Sonya Bateson

e862143b19097823aee300e59a15b56e1eb0c483
FOLLOW UP: ACC Minister Nikki Kaye says it is important ACC follow up information that suggests possible fraudulent activity to ensure people are receiving correct entitlements and identify possible fraud.

ACC has spent more than $80,000 investigating 108 Western Bay of Plenty clients since 2012. This did not include investigation by ACC employees.

The number of investigations in each year has decreased. There were 44 investigations in 2012 at a cost of $11,192 and 14 investigations last year costing $18,903.

In the year to June, there had been 12 investigations.

ACC senior media adviser Stephanie Melville said ACC could not provide information about the measures used to investigate clients.

"It would be inappropriate to do so as it would prejudice the maintenance of the law, including the prevention, investigation and detection of offences, and the right to a fair trial."

When a complaint was received, ACC first screened it to determine whether the allegation was appropriate or if there were any factors to impede progress on an investigation. It then gathered and analysed information to assess the validity of the allegation and determine further action.

An investigation was then carried out to prove or disprove allegations.

ACC Minister Nikki Kaye said it was important ACC followed up information that suggested possible fraudulent activity to ensure people were receiving correct entitlements and identify possible fraud.

"New Zealanders pay ACC levies to help those with genuine injury-related needs, and the cost of fraudulent claims impacts on the levies we all pay. By reducing instances of fraud against ACC, levies fund help for those with genuine needs, so they can receive the help they're entitled to."

A number of ACC investigations have been published in the Bay of Plenty Times.

In November 2013, Diane Ruth MacDonald was sentenced to 150 hours of community work for historical offences against ACC including nine charges of dishonestly using a document and five charges of failing to declare income.

In September 2012, Rocklin Stewart Cuthbert was jailed for three years for defrauding ACC of more than $200,000.

- Bay of Plenty Times

http://www.nzherald....jectid=11520735

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

#2 BLURB

BLURB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • RegionCambridge

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:31 PM

FOLLOW UP: ACC Minister Nikki Kaye says it is important ACC follow up information that suggests possible fraudulent activity to ensure people are receiving correct entitlements and identify possible fraud.

I totally agree with the ACC Minister, BUT, why does the ACC NEVER follow up the huge number of fraud allegations lodged by ACC Claimants against ACC Staff?

Destroying claimants medical file or files is a fraudulent act!

Intentionally writing false/inaccurate/misleading information on an ACC Claimants file or files is also fraudulent!

Instructing medical assessors on what to write in reports is also fraudulent!

Speaking to an assessor about a claimant without the claimants knowledge is also fraudulent!

ACC's legal representatives (in my own case [redacted] and [redacted]) lying to Reviewers and Judges is also fraudulent!

And the list goes on!

ACC staff can do no wrong ... YEAH RIGHT!

I have many issues with the way AON, Catalyst and ACC managed my 1992 lower back injury claim between 2000 and 2002.

Not only did Leanne MacDonnell & Dr Robert Percival interfere with the assessment process, they wrote lies about me in my files.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acc in the news