Ranarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Regionauckland

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

Hello world..

My names Rana

10 years ago when i was 17 and still at school i fractured my lower back, resulting in operation to undergo a fusion of 5 of my vertebrae..
ACC never backed me all the way, in their eyes i was a "miracle cure" (they even said that in court a few months ago)
but in essence they just never looked after me, i was stuck at home on the sickness benefit for a long time and had no
access to rehabilitation or help, money was scarce and i lived out of town so getting places was a hard thing, especially considering i was trying to heal a broken back.... so here i am ten years later... i have maintained less than three months total paid work over the last 10 years.....only 3 months work??? i must be living a dream?????
thats what they all say.... in essence i retired when i was 17... you could call it retirement, but i just call it tired..

I have been fighting for L.O.P.E for a long time, have been through disputes resolution twice, ending in court which only
managed to culminate earlier this year in january...
I just got a final decision back from the judge this morning, once again ruling in favour of ACC...

My case is flawed, it has many holes!! mainly because i spent so much time at home and outside of the system resulting
in poor documentation and bad GP visits..(the core reason i went to my GP was to get a medical cert for WINZ which over several years gradually became a messy thing, especially seeing as i have seen at least 8 different GP's over the last ten years)...  

but how could i not seperate myself from the system?? after all
it is the system in this case that is denying me of their support, the support of which i know i am entitled to but continue to struggle to prove... i have labelled myself as an "outsider" because i dont feel that i am fully included in our "health system"...
at the end of the day THE BIGGEST PHYSICAL PROBLEM I HAVE EVER FACED is being shrugged off as if it is nothing...  PAIN,TURMOIL,CONFUSION,LOSS,MISUNDERSTANDING.... all seem to mean nothing to our health system when they choose to fight against you not only as a person but a piece of paper...

Any support or advice would be greatly appreciated...

I was going to upload my court decision but the files too big...  is there somewhere i can post it?? its just under 5mb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Ranarian

Ranarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Regionauckland

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

IN SHORTER WORDS...

I broke my back ten years ago, since then my life has changed drastically...
ACC only payed me a very small backdated sum for L.O.P.E
and has claimed that since i was 18 (1 year after breaking my back) i was able to
start the return to full time work, and hence they have denied me of any further support....

#3 Sandra

Sandra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • RegionNew Zealand

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:35 PM

sounds like me i returned to work for a while then hurt myself again now they don't want to know me and have used every word they could to not accept my obvious injury it was even logged the next day but no they will not acknowledge it so I too am not getting any help from anyone out of the system an outsider 

Sandra

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: personal stories, acc claim history